PZ-2000FT Series XYZ Automated Stage with Piezo Z-Axis Top Plate
The PZ-2000FT XYZ stage has been specifically designed to provide a high resolution, and highly repeatable, means of controlling the X, Y, and Z position of the microscope stage. The XY axes derive their precise control through the use of closed-loop DC servomotors employing high resolution rotary encoders for positioning feedback. By using closed-loop control for stage position, there is not chance that the stage will become lost, as can occur with open-loop microstepped stages after a number of moves and direction changes. The XY stage utilizes crossed-roller slides, high precision lead screws, and zero backlash miniature geared DC servomotors for smooth and accurate motion. The top plate of the stage accepts standard K-size slide inserts that are available for any sample, i.e., slides Petri dishes, multi-well plates, etc. The slide insert is moved in the Z-axis via a piezo element with a range of 150 μm with nanometer accuracy (300 μm and 500 μm range is also available). By moving the sample in the Z-Plane, any objective can be used, eliminating twisting wires or needed spacers as required when a piezo element is put onto a single objective. The microprocessor-controlled MS-2000 control unit provides for RS-232 and USB communication with a host computer for control of the XYZ axes.
- Flat stage top allows easy placement of micromanipulators on either side
- Closed-loop control of the X, Y, and Z-axes for precise positioning and highly repeatable focusing
- Wide dynamic speed range with adjustable trapezoidal move profiles
- Smooth Adjustable dual-range joystick control
- Backlit LCD display shows X, Y, and Z coordinates
- “Zero” and “Home” buttons for simple stand-alone operations
- Compact ergonomic tabletop control unit size is 6”D x 9”W x 3”H (9 x 23 x 16.5 cm). Rack mount controller with standalone joystick is also available
- Travel Range will scan full well plate in most circumstances
- Proven operation with many software packages
- XY axes Linear Encoders for high-accuracy positioning. Linear encoder resolution is 10 nm, with a scale accuracy of 0.3 μm per 10 mm and 3 μm per 100 mm. Positioning resolution at sample is < 50 nm.
- Auto Focus (requires NTSC or PAL composite video signal).
- ASI’s proven line of Z-axis drives can also be added to the fine focus shaft of the microscope to provide Z-axis positioning with a resolution of 50 nm throughout the range of the microscope’s travel. The piezo unit can then be used for fast and accurate Z-axis positioning to any point within the range of travel.
- Other lead screw pitches are available for faster XY translation, or for more precise positioning when using standard rotary encoders.
Be the first to get all the information about new products in our range and find out the latest research results in microscopy in our free newsletter.