Ultra-Stable US-2000 Flat-Top XY Automated Stage for Super Resolution Microscopy
The new US-2000 by ASIimaging is a motorized stage designed to hold really still. This boils down to moving as little as possible with temperature changes.
The new US-2000 should never be used for scanning, and repeatability is greatly sacrificed for thermal stability. The most prominent application of the US-2000 single-molecule localization microscopy (SMLM), a category of super-resolution microscopy which includes PALM, STORM, DNA-PAINT, etc.
SMLM uses long exposure times to image individual stationary fluorophores. During post-processing, the centre of each point is determined with an accuracy/resolution of up to 10 nanometres, which is why the object stage must be kept very still.
The US-2000 was designed to mount to a RAMM frame or stand-alone.
It has been adapted to fit on Nikon Ti2 and Olympus IX71/73/81/83. No option currently exists for Zeiss or Leica stands.
- Closed loop DC servo control of the X, Y, and Z-axes for precise positioning and highly repeatable focusing
- Wide dynamic speed range with XY joystick
- Utilizes ASI’s proven Z-Axis drives
- Z-axis clutch for easy switching between manual and motor driven focus control
- Backlit LCD display shows X, Y, and Z coordinates
- “Zero” and “Home” buttons for simple stand-alone operations
- Compact, ergonomic tabletop control unit size is 6”D x 9”W x 3”H (9 x 23 x 16.5 cm)
- Microprocessor control with RS-232 serial and USB communications
- Travel Range will scan full well plate in most circumstances
- Proven operation with many popular software packages
- Piezo top plates with Z ranges of 150, 300 and 500 µm
- Larger stage top plate for attachment of micromanipulators, microinjectors, etc…
- Stage wings for even more room for attachments
- Auto-focus for stages with ASI Z-axis drives (requires NTSC, PAL, or S-Video analog signal)
- Other lead screw pitches are available
US-2000 Lead Screw Options
|Lead Screw Pitch Options||Rotary Encoder Resolution||Maximum Speed|
|25.40 mm (Ultra-coarse)||88 nm||28 mm/sec|
|12.70 mm (Super-coarse)||44 nm||14 mm/sec|
|6.35 mm (Standard)||22 nm||7 mm/sec|
|1.59 mm (Fine)||5.5 nm||1.75 mm/sec|
|0.635 mm (Extra-fine)||2.2 nm||0.7 mm/sec|
Be the first to get all the information about new products in our range and find out the latest research results in microscopy in our free newsletter.