The award-winning X-Cite® XLED1 is a high-power LED light source designed to optimize fluorophore excitation with unmatched LED switching speeds. Its unique plug-and-play modularity allows the system to evolve alongside changing research applications, with easily interchangeable LED modules.
Designed with sophisticated trigger options, the XLED1 allows full LED control according to the experimental requirements. Signals generated by external hardware can be directed to the LED modules via different TTL inputs. It is possible to define specific time sequences (s, ms, μs) for switching the LEDs on and off. Similarly, the system is programmable to send time defined signals to peripheral devices such as cameras, Stages or
The X-Cite® XLED1 fluorescence illumination is ideal for tasks that require individual lighting settings, as well as automated high-speed
Scanning applications. For integration into customer systems SDK and drivers for common software are available.
- With unprecedented wavelength switching speeds to capture fast cell dynamics and advanced triggering options including X-Cite Live Cell Mode® to extend live-cell imaging experiments, the X-Cite XLED1 represents the industry’s next generation of fluorescence LED illumination.
- Adaptable plug-and-play modularity: Each LED module and associated optical components can be quickly swapped in the field for another wavelength depending on the needs of your application.
- Maximum power and individual LED control: Use up to four high-power LED modules with fine excitation control while balancing illumination intensity between channels and protecting specimens against photodamage.
- Fast on / off without warm-up time
- Flexible triggering for sequential or simultaneous imaging: Triggering sequences can be combined with a high degree of control over individual LED intensity to excite and image multiple fluorophores when examining very fast moving specimens or for live-cell ratio imaging.
- Unmatched field uniformity at the specimen: X-Cite microscope adapters lead the industry in field uniformity without the need for alignment, while saving time on maintenance and ensuring peace-of-mind in experimental results.
- Reliable technology with a long service life – guaranteed 20,000 h life of the LED module
- Rapid wavelength switching to capture fast cell dynamics: Each LED module is designed to integrate and easily interchange individual excitation filters, allowing accelerated wavelength switching beyond the scope of motorized filter wheels.
- X-Cite Live Cell Mode to limit photobleaching and cellular damage: Researchers can extend the time frame of their live-cell imaging experiments by reducing the degree of free radical formation caused by the continuous illumination of fluorescent proteins.
System includes: X-Cite XLED1 illumination system, optional XLED1 touch screen controller, four modules, user manual (CD) with GUI and USB driver, quick start guide, liquid light guide, microscope adapter, power cord, four excitation filter holders, USB cable
X-Cite XLED1 System:
Wavelengths: View our brochure for available wavelengths
Dimensions: 8.5″ (W) x 8″ (H) x 15″ (D) (22 cm x 20 cm x 39 cm)
Weight: ~7.3 kg, ~16 lbs (full system)
Supply: Universal input of 100-240 Volts AC, 50-60 Hz. Fused at 6.3 A
Connectivity: USB type-B female, Trigger Input BNC (TTL-compatible)*, Sync Output BNC (TTL-compatible)*, *Optional cables required
Triggering: Internal/External User-defined per channel; Global trigger input; User-defined free-running or single shot pulse modes; Internal triggering generated from internal pulse generator 10µs (min), up to 18 hours (max)
Sync Out: Mapped echo of LED cycles on separate output pins
Sync Out Phase Control: Individual control of sync phase advance/retard (half of max cycle duration)
Channel Switching Speeds: USB < 1ms; Internal/External TTL Triggering down to10μs
Minimum Duty Cycle: 10µs
X-Cite XLED1 Touch Screen Controller (Optional):
Screen: Medical/Industrial grade 7″ touch screen; 16:9 aspect ratio and LED backlight with adjustable intensity
Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels
Display Viewing Area: 6″ (W) x 3.5″ (H) (15 cm x 9 cm)
External Dimensions: 8″ (W) x 2.5″ (H) x 5.5″ (D) (20 cm x 7 cm x 14 cm)
Program: Proprietary graphical user interface
Connectivity: ~2.5 m connectorized power and data combo cable
Power: < 10 Watts
Certifications: CE Marked, Certified to IEC, Canadian and US standards, RoHS compliant
Warranty: X-Cite XLED1 System, XLED1 touch screen controller and XLED1 LED drivers: 12 months from shipping. LED modules: 20,000 hours or 3 years
Be the first to get all the information about new products in our range and find out the latest research results in microscopy in our free newsletter.